Bach Around The Clock is pleased to announce:
“Singing Bach – Beyond the Notes” – a Master Class for singers with Dr. Sarah Brailey
UW-Madison Mead-Witter School of Music Professor of Voice and Opera
Thursday, March 7, 2024 from 3-5pm, in Madison, WI (exact location available soon)
Singing the complex vocal works of J.S. Bach involves so much more than mastering notes and rhythms!
Dr. Brailey will share important elements of interpretation and style to help singers craft a memorable performance.
Madison area pianist Mark Brampton Smith will serve as collaborative pianist. Singers may also bring their own pianist.
- Participants will be selected by Dr. Brailey and Kathleen Otterson, BATC Artistic Director
- The class will be limited to six singers – 15-20 minutes allotted to each
- This class is designed for Upper College and Adult Singers
- There is no fee to participate
- One aria from a Bach cantata, oratorio, or mass in standard published key, and in the original language
- Memorization is not required
- Tablets are acceptable for performance use
- Piano will be used for accompaniment
- If chosen to perform, singers will be expected to provide a one-sided, clean, clear copy (please, no staples) for Mark Brampton Smith unless they are bringing their own accompanist
- Limited rehearsal time and space will be available immediately before the Master Class
How to Apply (Deadline is February 1, 2024)
- Complete the Registration Form here
- Send a video recording of your aria performance (mp4) to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Singers will be notified by February 10 of their acceptance
Questions? Contact Kathy Otterson: email@example.com